2017 INFORMATION IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED. PLEASE CHECK BACK THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 24TH FOR THE UP TO DATE INFORMATION.
Running the TCDSSI Meet requires an army of volunteers! Volunteers are required both on deck and off deck. Participating school volunteers will be matched to the same session (Division A/Morning or Division B/Afternoon) that their school is assigned unless otherwise agreed. Host School meet organizers will be confirming volunteer assignments and schedules on this page of our website. As we get closer to the Meet, our Volunteer Team Lead will be contacting each volunteer to confirm the officiating position, times and location where you will be volunteering. Volunteer assignments, including dates and times have been emailed.
- On Deck Volunteers for Division A/morning Preliminaries session are asked to participate in the Officials briefing at 7:20 am on Saturday April 29, 2017.
- On Deck Volunteers for Division B/afternoon Preliminaries session are asked to participate in the Officials briefing at 12:20 pm on Saturday April 29, 2017.
- On Deck Volunteers for the Finals session are asked to participate in the Officials briefing at 12:20 pm on Sunday April 30, 2017.
On deck volunteers include: Referee, Starter, Chief Timer, Chief Finish Judge, Clerk of Course, False Start Rope, Head Lane Timer, Timers (total 3/lane), Strokes & Turns Judges, Hy Tek Operators, Ares (time keeping system) Operators, Marshallers, Safety Marshals, Security, Runners, Event/Heat Sign Logistics, Announcers (2) and Awards Table (Ribbons, Medals, Trophies on Finals day only). Participating schools are required to supply On Deck volunteers as follows:
- Small schools (< 30 swimmers) have a commitment to provide 6 volunteers of which only 4 can be high school students.
- Medium schools (31 to 60 swimmers) have a commitment to provide 8 volunteers of which only 4 can be high school students.
- Large schools (61+ swimmers) have a commitment to provide 12 volunteers of which only 6 can be high school students.
- Volunteers will be scheduled into deck assignments at the discretion of the Host School.
- Students will not be paired into timing positions on the same lane. Each lane requires a minimum of two adults timing (Head Lane Timer & one of the two plungers).
- Parents are asked not to change their assigned deck position – to avoid conflict there will be a mix of schools amongst the three timers at each lane.