To be eligible to participate in the Preliminary and Final events, a swimmer must be:
- Between the ages of 7 and 13 inclusively, as of December 31, 2017.
- Able to attain the qualifying time specified for his/her event by age and gender. 2018-Qualifying-Time-Guidelines(1)
- A student enrolled at the school he/she is representing.
The following guidelines must be followed in selecting events for each swimmer:
- Swimmers are allowed to swim a maximum of 3 individual events. Stroke selections include Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly or Individual Medley (IM).
- A swimmer may only compete inhis/her own age group in the individual events.
- Each school can register for a maximum of 200 events.
- Relays: Each swimmer can swim in a maximum of 4 relay events. A swimmer may compete within his/her age group, or up to two ages up from his/her age. Only one relay team per school per event. Swimmers can only swim-up if no other athletes in the event age-group are available.