The Preliminary and Final Events for the 2017 TCDSB Swim Invitational will be held at the Etobicoke Olympium. Please refer to Olympium for directions and information on parking & facilities.
Preliminaries: The TCDSB Preliminaries will be held on Saturday, April 29, 2017. The scheduling format for the Preliminaries is three sessions. Each school will compete in the morning or afternoon (only one session). For the Saturday Preliminaries, please refer to the school divisions page for information on whether your school is scheduled for Preliminaries Division A or Division B.
- Division A: Morning session, swimmers must be on deck by 7:30 am
- Division B: Afternoon session, swimmers must be on deck by 12:30 pm
Finals & All Relays: The TCDSB Individual and Relay Finals will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
- Swimmers must be on deck by 11:50 a.m.
- Marshalling will start at 12:10 p.m.
- Announcements and events start promptly at 12:20 p.m.
- Relays are scheduled to begin at 3:40 p.m.
When committing to your school swim team, plan on attending both days.
For information on eligibility criteria for swimmer participation in the meet please refer to Qualifying Time Guidelines
Program Guide: The Meet Program Guide includes heat sheets and will be available at the meet.
- Heat sheets identify which event, heat and lane your child is swimming in.
- Once you have the heat sheets, it is very important that you review the events with your swimmer.
- Your child must know where they should be at all times. Please go over your child’s event number and lane assignments with them and write this information on their hand or arm in ink where they can read it. Coaches will not have time to do this on deck.
- Swimmers must stay with the team on deck for the duration of the meet.
- We need every swimmer available to swim their individual events and for relays.
- Please do not leave the pool until the coach has confirmed that you are finished swimming.
- The pool deck will be very crowded with timers, marshalls, coaching staff and swimmers.
- Parents are NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck to speak with your swimmer.
- Parents are NOT ALLOWED on deck to take pictures.
- Flash photography is NOT ALLOWED.
What to Pack: Each child should have a bag packed with one or two towels, deck shoes, goggles, a swim cap AND dry clothes to go home in! Make sure that your swimmers name is on everything that you bring on deck because unfortunately things do go missing and it is impossible to recover items without names.
Anticipate the stands to be crowded. We encourage you to leave coats and unnecessary items in your car.
Awards: Medals will be awarded to first, second, and third place finalists. Fourth to eighth place finishers will receive a ribbon.
Meet Format & Results: The results of the Preliminary Sessions (A and B) will be combined to determine the top 16 finalists (+ 2 alternates) for the Individual Events. Only swimmers advancing to the Finals for Individual Events and those participating in the Relay Events, need to be present for the Finals on Sunday.
Volunteer Assignments: Volunteers will be contacted directly via email or phone call to confirm their volunteer assignment and reporting time.
Code of Conduct: Just a reminder that only registered coaches, swimmers and on-deck volunteers will have access to the pool deck. Spectators are to remain in the viewing stands.
It is the coaches responsibility to supervise the children from their school. This includes ensuring that they are adhering to the rules of the Olympium Pool as outlined in the Code of Conduct Policy